The beginning of summer break is often a relief for teachers, and in most ways this summer was no different. I was a little stressed over the possibility of an EXTENDED break, meaning I had no job to which I would return in the fall. Fortunately that fear has been abated. Last week I received a call that a contract was available for me and I signed it when I returned from St. George!
I was in St. George to visit my family last week. Jim, Michelle and I drove up Friday, May 29. Jim left Sunday afternoon to come back home. Michelle and I stayed for the week. Then Jim drove back the following Friday and we all stayed until Monday. It was wonderful to spend time with my family, but I don't know if we will do that again . . . I don't like being away from my sweetheart that long!
Though I know he enjoys St. George . . . especially when he gets to go hiking with Travis or hit the golf course with the boys.
Jim took this one of Travis. Apparently Travis almost killed Jim on this hike.
The week was pretty relaxing. I read a lot, which I usually do in the summer. I discovered a wonderful new fantasy series, the Mortal Instruments series which I would reccommend to anyone who shares my love of fantasy.

I helped a little but mostly watched as my parents and younger siblings worked to make their yard look fabulous!
Everyone helps put in sod
My sister Summer can't lift much, but she sure can water the dirt well!
My mom is a hard working woman!
Michelle just watches, she doesn't like getting her hands dirty I guess :)
I spent a lot of time with Michelle, and tried my best to share her with Grandma and Grandpa and her aunts and uncles.
My little sister's baby, Morgan, was blessed Sunday, so there was a gathering of family the second weekend. It was great to see my Grandma Swords and Aunt Carol & Uncle Gary. We spent a little time with my mom and stepdad Saturday night. We were able to spend time with Michelle's cousins Ryan and Maya. She really liked them. But she seemed to enjoy everyone. She is a little charmer, that's for sure!
Grandpa, Maya, Ryan, Michelle
The Thinker

My CRAZY brothers and sisters

I cleaned up in this game of Tripoli

Though the look on my face may not say it, I had a good time around the fire.
Can you tell who is Madison and who is Brooke?









3 comments:
I LOVE your new picture on top of your blog!!! I am so behind on mine! I love all the pics especially "the thinker" one and your new family pic!
Oh my guess Michelle has the cutest cheeks I've ever seen. :)
Wow, looks like such a fun weekend! Such a cute family!!
Post a Comment