Tuesday, October 11, 2011

End of Summer

Well, summer is over.  I don't know how much fall we will see, since it snowed several inches last week.  There are few sights more depressing than snow the first week of October!  We had some fun this summer.  We visited family, as usual, and enjoyed the new house, especially the backyard.  Jim and I renovated a bathroom, a complete remodel that is getting a lot closer to complete.  I read a lot!  I got a Nook for Mother's Day and it is in my hands too much!  Lena FINALLY started walking last month and we are enjoying her toddling.  Now we are making plans for Halloween and hoping it doesn't snow again soon.  Jim continues to like his job here, and travels wherever they need him.  He got to upstate New York this summer and had fun at the racetrack and the Baseball Hall of Fame.  I know it has been too many months since I blogged, and all I can say is I will try to do better!  Here are some photos from the last little while.

July

We went to Tautphaus Park Zoo.





We went to Island Park and saw my grandparents and did a little hiking nearby.






The girls enjoyed playing in the water in the backyard.





August

We visited Logan with Grandpa and Grandma Thompson and went to Willow Park.


We drove to Washington and Grandpa Jackson took us to McDonald's.




Grandma Jackson had all kinds of fun stuff ready to go!  She went to the Point Defiance Zoo with us too!  Daddy was in New York, but he joined us later for the drive home to Idaho Falls.








We detoured on the way home to Pullman to see Gary and his new wife and baby, Naomi and Peri.  Michelle talks about Cousin Peri and Naomi and "Little" Gary all the time now!




Jim's Aunt Betsey's family was on a road trip of their own and Betsey and Phoebe came to see us.  It happened to be Phoebe's birthday so we celebrated with a flower garden carrot cake (that started falling apart before we actually got to eating it).  Michelle adored "Fifi" and Betsey and we were so thrilled to see them!





September

We returned to Grand Teton National Park to camp and hike.  We had our new tent (the REI Hobitat, which TOTALLY rocks!) and the girls liked camping, as usual.  We were a little scared of the possibility of bears, but took all the necessary precautions (including the ridiculously priced bear spray).  Then we didn't see any large wildlife.  It was kind of interesting that only a few miles from the trail there were crowds of people and rangers out to gawk at 2 grizzly bears, though.


Lena was SO TIRED she didn't even wake up when I took her off my back and put her on the ground and propped her up against a tree!



We went to Sandy Downs to get sand for our sandbox.



The Eastern Idaho State Fair was pretty fun.  All Michelle was interested in at first was seeing the "piggies".  Then she had a blast playing games.  Lena enjoyed all the lights on the rides after it got dark.





I had to capture this adorable moment.  Lena loves Ice Cream as much as she loves all food!

Unfortunately, September also brought some sadness.  Labor Day we got a call that Jim's Grandma was in the hospital.  She never really woke up and passed away a couple days later.  She lived a long life in which she accomplished much and helped so many and we will miss her.  I wanted to finish this post with a few pictures of her with the girls the last time we saw her in August.




1 comment:

Child Family said...

super cute! You sure have been busy. You bought a house? we need to catch up on our lives...