Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Happiest Place

Those of you who know us well know that "the happiest place on earth" is our happiest place to vacation! And thanks to my mom being an FBLA advisor and thanks to several of her students qualifying for nationals in Anaheim we were able to get a zippidy doo da deal and go this past weekend! We have never been in the summertime and it WAS a little crowded, but we learned that if we went early in the morning we could ride all the most popular rides without much of a wait. We also heard a lot of horror stories about taking infants to Disneyland, but as usual, Michelle was a perfect baby. And of course, as with most things, Disneyland makes it user-friendly! Actually there was a benefit . . . the stroller! We could haul in all kinds of stuff (like a cooler) and not have to carry it, just push it in the stroller. Besides, Michelle LOVED meeting the characters. When we took her to meet Winnie the Pooh and she squeeled in delight and smiled the whole time, the entire trip was worth anything! When Donald played peek-a-boo with her and she giggled, my heart jumped! I don't care what anyone wants to say about them not remembering it, or it being a pain . . . I am SO glad we decided to take her--FOR US! WE will remember it, and they are memories worth a million! (Though, we didn't spend nearly that much . . . THANKS MOM!)
Here are a few of our memories for you to share with us.




Meeting "the Mouse" with my brother and sister (Thanks Madison and Travis for all your help with Michelle . . . and with entertaining Jim!)



I mean "the mice"



Jim and Madison were a little more daring than the rest of us. They road the puke cups . . . I mean the tea cups! Travis later joined them and I think he would prefer my name for them!


Jim took Michelle to A Bug's Land while I rode the Grizzly Peak with my family. It actually closed down while we were in line, but we decided to wait and with all the people leaving the line we ended up waiting 45 minutes (the exact wait time expected BEFORE the technical difficulties)




Back in A Bug's Land--Mom, Dad and Michelle this time! (I'm taking the pictures)



Kisses for Donald Duck




I took Michelle on Dumbo while Jim rode Space Mountain with Trevor, Madison, and Travis




After 30 years being closed they finally re-opened Sleeping Beauty's Castle! I was so excited to see it and was not disappointed!


Later I introduced Michelle to my favorite Disney princess


I think Snow White was her favorite though. She kept trying to touch those "lips that shame the red, red rose."



And I think Ariel must have been Jim's favorite because it was the only princess picture he wanted to be in (AND he kept his eyes open for this one)


We also took one day off to head to Venice Beach. There were WAY too many people and we parked about 2 miles away, but Michelle LOVED playing in the sand and putting her feet in the water!


We had been hoping Jim's brother Gary could join us on this trip but he is training for a big bike trip from Seattle to Portland, so . . . Gary we missed you but we wish you luck!

4 comments:

jeff and alli said...

It looks like a very fun vacation. I think your excitement for Disney Land is cute.

Gary "Race" Jackson said...

I had almost as great a time. Drove up the panhandle to a mountain trail called the Hiawatha. Thirty miles round trip, through old train tunnels. Longest tunnel was 8800 feet.

On the way up saw a cougar cross the road. It was majestic.

Like I said, almost as cool as DL

Hall Family Blog said...

Yay!! We LOVE Disney Land also! We took the girls in Oct. and got to "trick-o-treat" in CA Adventure. It was awsome! They gave the girls carrots and apple slices in their bags heehee. It was perfect! Michelle is so beautiful! We just love to see her growing! The girls ask to look at your blog all the time. We will update ours soon (hopefully hahaha).

Kittyrunner said...

How fun!! I can't wait to take Lyss there, too. Such cute pictures!