Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day

We had a VERY uneventful 4th of July. We worked on the yard in the morning, went to Home Depot in the afternoon to measure for a new water heater, then we bought vegetables at Safeway and came home where we played a little MarioKart until dinner. For dinner we had some DELICIOUS grilled vegetable kebabs (the skewer kind, not the sandwich kind that I learned to love in France). We started a fire and put Michelle to bed. Then Jim and I made s'mores and watched the neighbors set off a couple of illegal fireworks (all fireworks are illegal in Arizona). We didn't go to the Show Low fireworks because they are past Michelle's bedtime. We also figured we saw fireworks in Disneyland not too long ago, so it would be okay . . . I wouldn't be going through withdrawals from one of my VERY favorite things!



This morning I had to take a picture of Michelle how I found her in her crib. Lately she ends up on the opposite end of the crib where she goes to sleep, sometimes with her legs propped up on the side. But this morning she had added another twist. Somehow she got the bumper pad untied and got it over her head. She is so funny!


You know, I will have to ask my little brother Colby if he got to see the fireworks in Times Square. He is in New York for his mission. I remember on my mission we got permission to go see the Bastille Day (July 14th) fireworks if we could get a member to drive us, but the Elders got someone and we couldn't, so we watched the fireworks from the balcony of our apartment and really could see them okay.

No comments: