One of our favorite things to do is hike, but we didn't go while I was pregnant, and haven't been since Michelle was born because it has been hard to take her anywhere for too long until recently. This weekend we were going to go camping, but decided instead to have a fire out back Friday night with tinfoil dinners and s'mores and then hike on Saturday. We drove to Greer, AZ to hike and it was worth the drive. It is truly a beautiful place. The trail was difficult at first but only for about 1/2 hour. We sat down to feed Michelle and got attacked by flys, but it was a thoroughly enjoyable day. After our hike we decided to try one of the top rated restaurants in Greer for lunch . . . and were extremely disappointed in the food. Still, the important thing is Michelle loved hiking almost as much as we do and we will definitely be going again (though for next time Jim says we need a back carrier for Michelle since the front carrier put too much strain on his neck).
We had to cross the stream to get to the trail

The extent of exciting wildlife we saw was this Horny Toad.

This would've been a nice picnic without all the flys buzzing around.

The scariest part of the day was posing for this family picture and the log fell underneath Jim and started rolling down. He was afraid it would hit him from behind, I was afraid he would fall flat on Micki.

2 comments:
I've observed that Kelty has a good baby-back carrier series. It's the name that comes to mind when I hear baby-back. That and Chili's.
Barbecue Sauce
This is so much fun!! I took the girls on a hike up in Tahoe a couple of weeks ago with my girlfriend Robin and her 3 year old daughter Tyler. Tyler got tired going back UP the hill to the car and I had to piggy back her all the way (about a mile). A backpack for her would have been great!!! What a great idea!
Post a Comment