Friday, September 3, 2010

Saving my Sanity

Jim has been in Kemmerer, Wy for over a month now. He came home one night and we went there one night, other than that we haven't seen him. I am missing him terribly, as is Michelle (I doubt Lena really notices much). I am also missing some adult interaction, so I packed up the car and went on a road trip to visit my parents--all of them. First we headed to St. George. Everyone is back in school now so during the day I was just at their house with my girls. But Summer, my sister, lives in St. George and she had a day off and we were able to go out to lunch and shopping. It was fun to hang out with her and Moose (her son Morgan). I also got to go to the Tuachan theater and see "Crazy for You" with Travis and Madison and the next night to "Tarzan" with Summer. I was so grateful to my Dad and Mom for babysitting so I could go out. I haven't done that in a long while! If you are in St. George or planning a trip I HIGHLY reccomend catching a show at Tuachan, they are AMAZING! Especially "Tarzan," and next season they are getting "The Little Mermaid" and "Grease". One day we went to my Mom's school and had lunch and Michelle played teacher in her classroom. Saturday I got to spend some time with Madison as Mom and Dad went hunting with Travis. Madison is pretty cool to chill with! I was really happy to be there and be with people. It was strange, however, to go without Jim.
We left St. George and headed to Tremonton to spend some time with Grandpa and Grandma Thompson. The girls and I went to Willow Park with my Dad and Michelle really loved seeing all the animals. And even though my mom is so busy working 2 jobs right now, she had some time off to see us and play with Michelle and Lena. Also, Tabitha, my sister, and her kids live there and they loved playing with the girls!
The trip was a sanity saver for me, as I was able to converse with adults about politics and entertainment and other such topics. I am really thankful to my family for being there for us and hope it was fun for them too!
I didn't take many pictures, but I will post a few, since I know that's the fun part of blogging anyway.








3 comments:

Child Family said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time!

jeff and alli said...

Are you not teaching?

How far was the drive?

I hear you about needing interaction with adults. When I stopped working and started staying home with Rees, I had to start using the Relief Society more to help me find adult interaction. I didn't know where else to meet people really so R.S. was a big help.

Kittyrunner said...

Wow, Brooke! I have missed a ton! You guys have had an eventful summer. I'm so sorry you are without Jim, though. That is so hard! I'm so glad you were able to visit your family. It makes such a huge difference. I hope you're doing alright and that Jim gets to come home soon!!!!