Thursday night I woke up around midnight with a pretty painful contraction. By 3:00 they were coming 5 minutes apart and I knew we had to get to the hospital. We called our friend Miss Tee to watch Michelle, dropped her off and headed in. By the time we were checked in the contractions were 3 minutes apart and I was dilated to a 6. Unfortunately the baby was transverse. They called the doctor and gave me a shot of something in my arm to slow down the labor. It slowed alright. It basically stopped! By the time the doctor came in, my contractions were 30 minutes apart! The good news was, with the slowing of labor, the baby was able to move into the correct position on her own--that was good news, since I was not looking forward to a c-section. Once she was in a good position they put me on other drugs to get labor going again, then I got the epidural (which was 100% better than my last one, by they way). Then we waited for her to come. Near the end there was one more complication . . . she didn't seem to want to drop down all the way. With some serious pushing and some help from the "vacuum" though, she finally came, healthy and beautiful, at 1:36 pm on Friday, April 23. She weighed 8 lbs 10 oz and was 22 inches long. We named her Lena Mae Jackson.
Misc June
3 years ago








4 comments:
congrats Brooke! your girls have such cute cheeks and Lena looks like she has quite a bit of hair, how fantastic. hope things are going well. glad the epidural went better this time round.
GOod thing I came to my moms this weekend, to hear the good news! Congrats! I am glad she came early...
Congrats!!! I was glad to get the news from Aunt Betsy and Dad! I LOVE the picture of Jim with both of the girls! She is so beautiful!! We are all so happy for you here!
Congratulations! I don't know anyone who's had to use the vacuum before. I'm so glad she turned, and that she's here safe and sound!! She looks so cute! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Post a Comment