It was a long Saturday--but it was worth it. Jim and I spent Saturday (9:00-5:00) at the hospital. This trip was not for the real thing, or even a false alarm, it was for education and practice for the real thing, and also helped us learn how NOT to have false alarms. We got to take a tour of the area where we will be spending some time (hopefully in just a couple more weeks!) The hospital is brand spanking new, at least the part where we will be is new. In fact, it is still under construction on the upper levels. That is the sad part. One of the levels is supposed to be the new Postpartum unit with individual rooms, but it isn't supposed to be open until December 2. So likely we will be in the old part with double occupancy rooms. The teacher told us that Dads are welcome to sleep in the second bed as long as there isn't another occupant. But if one arrives in the middle of the night--guess who gets kicked out!Anyway, the class helped us feel A LITTLE more secure about what we are about to face for the first time--childbirth! Me being the ultimate wimp I still worry that it will hurt too much and that as a result I will do something wrong for the baby. But people assure me this is not likely. Besides, if all goes well with the epidural, the pain shouldn't be TOO unbearable. My doctor seems confident anyway, and I trust him.
The closer we get to the big day, the more unprepared I feel. But ready or not, here she comes! Can't take it back now! One of the girls I serve with in the primary is putting on a baby shower for me this week. I thought that was incredibly considerate of her, since I don't really know any of the girls in our ward (just my visiting teacher). We really do have a great ward! I wish my family could be here for that kind of stuff . . . the drawback of living so far away. Still I am thinking about all of you and will be thinking about you at the shower, I am sure! We look forward to seeing everyone as you are able to make it to visit and see the baby!








No comments:
Post a Comment